Monday, November 15, 2010

Inspire Me Monday: Ceiling Medallions

So, I may have decided on the solution for my dining room dilemma. In case you're not up to date on the saga, I had a disaster of a great idea, tore that down and I'm now looking at a very empty wall in our dining room. I love these images below and might just have to splurge on some ceiling medallions to hang on the wall. Technically used on the ceiling as decorative adornment, they bring the perfect architectural element to the wall as art. 

This image below is my favorite of the bunch. I think I would paint my medallions similar shades of yellow. But I wonder if that would be too much yellow (I've got the yellow bench and lots of yellow in my wave painting). Would teal be better? 




Love the rose shaped one in this image below. 


Sorry this image is blurry, I couldn't find a bigger one for you. I think you get the idea. The subtle taupe is really lovely in this living room.



What a great idea to do a color block to hang your medallions in. (Notice the garden stool that's identical to my yellow one?)


And of course, I can't forget Joi's awesome living room. 


And just to give you a visual (sorry to leave you with this sad, dark picture after all the pretty ones!), here's what we're dealing with now. Blank wall, new IKEA light pendant and a baker's rack that I want to sell but Chris likes. Ideally, I'd love to find a beautiful mid-century modern dresser for that wall. 


Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, mine



Thoughts, lovely readers? Should I take the plunge? How many should I do? What sizes? Colors?? Have you ever used something out of the ordinary for wall art?

Oh, just wanna say "Aloha!" to my new followers! Thanks for jumping in on the journey with me! Just a reminder--I'll be doing another giveaway from my shop when I hit 250 followers (looks like we might get there sooner than I thought--you guys are awesome!) 

Also, I've got some fun things to share with you this week--got a sweet piece of furniture off of Craigslist this weekend and my studio is looking awesome with my new sawhorse table! :) 

Happy Monday!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment