Thursday, November 11, 2010

A Delicious + Simple Recipe For You

Oh twitter, you never fail me. I was hesitant to join but now I'm really glad I did. Got this recipe from Melanie after she tweeted about some baking she was doing and I coerced asked her for her recipe for apple crisp. After I made it last weekend, my taste buds fell in love. And she so generously allowed me to share it with you, so here we go people. The most amazing, simple apple crisp you'll ever eat. 

FIVE ingredients! FIVE! 

1 cup flour
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup of butter (usually equals 1 stick)
2-3 big apples (I'm biased towards Honeycrisp. Basically, they're the best.)
ground cinnamon (I added this to the recipe because I'm a cinnamon fanatic)




Peel your apples, and cut them into the bite size pieces. Layer them in a buttered casserole dish. 



Sprinkle cinnamon over them. As soon as you do this, the most delicious apple-cinnamon aroma will waft into your nostrils and you'll probably do a little dance. I do. 


Combine flour, brown sugar and butter into a pretty bowl of your choosing. 


Cut in butter with pastry tool (or Mr. Egg Mashy-Masher) until well mixed. There will be little crumbies when you're done. (I threw some more cinnamon in here too....cuz I'm a cinnamon fanatic.)



Pour dry mixture yumminess over the apples. 


Put in the oven at 375 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until nice and golden brown. 


Let cool for as long as you can stand it (but not too long. It's gotta be warm still!) 

Spoon a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top and try NOT to moan in ecstasy as you eat your first bite. 


Happy happy Friday to you! Hope your weekend is filled with lots of yumminess. Any fun plans? 

PS. Chris and I made my sawhorse table yesterday. It's AWESOME and I love it and I can't wait to share it with you next week! :) 

PPS. I decided to do another Aisle to Aloha Studio giveaway when I reach 250 blog followers! :) So if you like my blog and haven't started following, do it today! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment