Monday, November 29, 2010

Ceiling Medallions on My Wall

It's not often that my Inspire Me Mondays come to life in this house! I wrote about my love for ceiling medallions as wall art in this post and today I'm showing you my very own ceiling medallions now gracing our dining room nook.





I bought my medallions at both CSN.com and ceilingmedallions.net. I bought one medallion from CSN.com as part of my review (which I'll be writing up soon), and four others from ceilingmedallions.net. Ceilingmedallions.net was way cheaper and had a really good range of choices so I'd definitely recommend them. CSN.com, while super easy to navigate and fast on the shipping was just a whole lot more expensive. 

So, I don't have before pictures for you but I think you can imagine them white. :) 

I wanted to do some varying shades of yellow per this image. I already had Sunburst by Behr from my yellow bench, so I decided to mix it up with white. I started with a lot of white and just added a few drops of yellow. I wanted to do the lightest shades first so I could just add more yellow as I went instead of being all over the place. I used a small Purdy paintbrush to get into all the nooks and crannies. 


Here's the progression. 



I love it! Do you?





Didn't get in on the Black Friday weekend long sale at Aisle to Aloha Studio? Get 10% off all week long with the code ALOHA10. 

Also, just a reminder, December 1 (this Wednesday) is the last day to order a custom painting from my shop in order to get it by Christmas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment