Monday, June 9, 2008

It's Not Over Until The Gay Cowboy Sings

The legend of Jack Twist and Ennis Del Mar will live forever, the latest iteration coming in the form of Brokeback Mountain: The Opera. The New York City Opera has commissioned an opera based on Annie Proulx's short story, to open in 2013.

While I don't know anything about arias, I do think Andrew Lloyd Webber's I Don't Know How to Love Him from Jesus Christ Superstar fits the playbill perfectly.
I don't know how to quit him.
What to do, how to split from him.
I've been changed, yes really changed.
In these past few days, when I've seen myself,
I seem like someone else.
I don't know how to take this.
I don't see why he moves me.
He's a man. He's just a man.
And I've never had a man before
In any way,
He's just one score.
Ha, this is easy. I should be in musical theatre!

The above pic is fanseelamb's Sims versions of Jack and Ennis.

No comments:

Post a Comment